My Favorite Highlighters and The Best Way To Apply Them

Written by: Tara McGraw

Glow Up

Highlighting is one of the biggest trends right now. Everyone wants to have perfect glowy skin so they can tell everybody how their “highlight’s on fleek.” If you have been wondering how to achieve that perfect glow, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve gathered together some of my favorite highlighters from my makeup collection ranging from subtle to striking. I have two high end brands as well as two budget friendly brands.

Tarte Pro Glow - $45

First I have the Tarte pro glow palette. I usually grab this for an everyday look. It costs $45 and includes 4 highlight shades and cream and powder contour. The highlights can be built up or worn very lightly. The best way to apply this highlight is with a small fluffy brush. I usually use a tapered brush from Beauty Junkees.


Top to bottom: Lit, Fire, Stunner, Strobe

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter - $41, $38

My next two highlighters are from Becca Cosmetics. The Shimmering Skin Perfecter Spotlight Wand in Opal, $41, and the pressed highlight also in Opal, $38. The liquid wand is best for when you want a very natural dewy look. I typically go for this when I don't wear foundation and want to look more natural. The best way to apply is to dab the wand on your cheek bones and then blend in with a damp beauty sponge. For the powder, it is best applied with a brush.

Becca Pressed Highlighter "Opal"
Becca Highlighter Wand "Opal"

Colourpop Super Shock Highlighter - $8

This highlighter has to be one of the most unique formulas out there. Its very creamy and buttery but instantly turns to powder when applied to the skin. The best way to apply this product is to dip a damp beauty sponge into the pan and dab it on the skin. These are a great option for a striking highlight. They have super shimmery highlights, like Spoon, but also have more subtle ones like, Teasecake. They also have a holographic shades, great for summery Coachella vibes. They only go for $8 a pop making them a steal.

Top to bottom, Left to right: Spoon, Glazed, Scrumptious, Teasecake, Hippo, Honeymoon

Wet n Wild Megaglo Illuminating palette - $4.99

Lastly we have the Wet n Wild Megaglo Illuminating palette. It retails for about $5 making it our cheapest option. There are 4 different shades that you can use alone or blend together. This is what you want to use when you want to achieve a very subtle glow. I love mixing shades together to create a new look. The best way to apply this one is to use a highlighter brush, a fan brush, or any small fluffy brush.

Wet n Wild Illuminating Palette

Comments

  1. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and internet stuff and this is really frustrating. A good site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thanks for making this web-site, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    keshia hair oil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts