Bringing Boho to the Midwest

Written by Alexandra Syler

Spring has sprung! If your looking through your closet and thinking its time for a little spring cleaning, this would be a great time to change your daily styling for a unique boho look that is perfect for this warm weather arising. Boho is a style of fashion inspired by various bohemian and hippie influences, and is perfect for dressing up while feeling so comfortable.
Boho is very simple to understand and get used to. It works on the simple concept of being natural and expressing your individuality. The options are endless!
I
have put together some of favorite Boho looks for this Spring and Summer. Keep reading and make sure to check out the places I shopped to achieve these outfits!

When you want to look dressed up but feel casual




Give me some floral! I am in LOVE with this floral maxi dress and this look is perfect any special occasion or date night. The high-low detail of the hem is so beautiful and makes it easier for those who are short like me. I love all the details of the dress with its dainty sleeves and empire waistline.  I chose to add the tassel earrings just for a more romantic accessory without taking away from all the beautiful details of the dress. 

Outfit Details:
Steal the Show Tassel Earrings from Three Bird Nest
All the Right Moves Floral Maxi Dress from Crave Boutique

Comfy yet sophisticated 




I adore this big floppy hat and its perfect for added shade for the sunny days to come. The platform heels allow me to dress up this outfit and because they are so comfortable and level in height from front to back, I can wear them all day without pain.  The romper I am wearing is baggy but so light and airy. I paired the yellow eye of the sun bralette with the floral cardigan for added color and detail. The necklace really draws the attention and keeps my chest from looking bare. I really love all the accessories in this outfit and I could wear this for many occasions.

Outfit Details:
Camel Floppy Hat from MKT Clothing Co.
BKE Necklace from Buckle
Eye of the Sun Bralette from Three Bird Nest
Sunday Harlem Romper from Three Bird Nest
Lucky Brand Floral Cardigan from Buckle
Farris Camel Platform heels from Crave Boutique

Free Spirited Style



I can't wait to go to festivals and soak up the sun with this cold shoulder sweater. The construction of this sweater allows me to stay cool for the warmer days to come. The blue eye of the sun bralette adds the perfect pop of color that ties right in with the bohemian tassel belt. My Kendra Scott necklace also brings more color to this outfit along with this turquoise ring my dad made me. I am a denim connoisseur and I appreciate all the details of the KanCan jeans I am wearing from the button down fly to all the perfectly placed destruction down the pant legs. Because I know this outfit is perfect for those sunny days I added my Quay Sunglasses and you can never go wrong with rose gold for any boho look!

Outfit Details:
Quay Sunglasses from Crave Boutique
Coco + Jaimeson Cold Shoulder Sweater from Buckle
KanCan high rise stretch jeans from Buckle
Kendra Scott Eliza Drusy from Crave Boutique
Bohemian Tassel Belt from Three Bird Nest 
Eye of the Sun Bralette from Three Bird Nest

Casual and Boho



This is my favorite everyday look and so easy to put together. As a college student and mom I try to look dressed up without feeling dressed up. I paired this oversized white pocket tee with the bright mustard duster to really give this outfit color and symbolize spring. The duster is very light weight and pairs wonderfully with these destructed light wash jeans. I added the gold chocker and rose gold bracelets to tie in with the color story of the outfit. The booties are my favorite, and if your not wanting to wear sandals all spring and summer, adding a bootie can make this boho look just a little more midwestern. 

Outfit Details:
Mandala Lace Kimono Duster- Mustard from Three Bird Nest
Lounge Around Oversized Pocket Tee from Three Bird Nest
KanCan midrise skinny stretch jeans from Buckle
BKE chocker necklace from Buckle
Erimish bracelets from Crave Boutique 
Not Rated ankle bootie from Buckle

If you LOVED some of these pieces pictured above I have linked the websites below to help you get there quickly!!

Comments

Popular Posts