Let's Bleach Some Jeans!

How to get Revice jeans for cheaper!

By: Savanna Sallas 


One of the newest trends is bleaching half of your jeans or all of them. It is a fun activity as we are all stuck at home and makes your outfit pop! I like this trend because the look reminds me of Revice jeans. They are known for their different colored jeans, but they are on the pricier side. I thought it would be fun to remake Revice jeans for much cheaper and I am going to give you all the steps to accomplish that. Let's get started!!



Revice><Before


Materials you will need: Jeans, Bleach (you can substitute toilet cleaner with bleach if you cannot find bleach), Tape, Trash Bag, Cardboard and Gloves.

Step 1: After you have all your materials, you will need to set up your area. I recommend doing this outside as bleach has a strong smell. Once you have picked your spot, lay down cardboard and then a trash bag on top so the bleach does not ruin anything.

Step 2: First you will need to pick what side of jeans you are going to bleach. After that you will then tape off the other side to create a barrier between the bleach and plain side. You can also tape off any other sections that you do not want bleach. I decided to not bleach on the coin pocket and bleach the opposite back pocket. To achieve this, I taped off the two pocket and put carboard in both pockets in case the bleach leaked through. 

Step 3: You will then put the non-bleach side in plastic bag and tie it shut to protect your denim. Make sure all the areas you don’t want bleach are taped off and the bag is tied tight.

Step 4: You can now damp your jeans lightly with water and then start to add the bleach. I squirted the bleach all in the front and used my gloves to move it around. If you don’t want to use your hands, you can use a sponge but the gloves worked perfectly for me. Make sure all your spots you want bleach are covered and let the first layer sit for about 5 min. Once you can see the color changing flip it over and do the same on the back.

Step 5: I added three layers of bleach to my jeans to get the color I wanted. I continued to add a layer, let sit 5-10 min and then do the other side. 

Step 6: Once you have done adding your layers, let the jeans sit for about 20 min in the sun. After that I got my garden hose and filled up a bucket. You then can dip in the bleach side and get as much bleach off as you can. After that, I took the garden hose and kept rinsing it until all the bleach is off. *You don’t need the jeans to be fully dried, as it is more important you got all the bleach off before you throw in in the washer.

Step 7: You can now wash the pair of jeans alone with detergent, and then wash again with just water. I double washed because the bleach smell is still on the jeans. 

Step 8: It is important that you air dry and don’t throw them in the dyer. The dryer will make the bleach turn yellow the first time.

*AIR DRY

Step 9: YAY!!! You are done and have yourself a cute pair of trendy jeans. 

Comments

Popular Posts