Quarantine Self - Care

3 Self-Care techniques to Practice While Quarantined
By Morgan VanHyfte

For the first time in most of our lives we are forced to stay inside and focus on taking care of our 
health, and while that does mean following guidelines and restrictions due to Covid-19. We can 
also take this as an opportunity to work on ourselves mentally, physically and spiritually. 
Control what you can control and feel free to use these tips take this time for yourself. 

1. Make Your Bed

Within the first ten minutes of being awake, you can complete your first task by making your bed. Every morning I wake up and make my bed. This will give you a small sense of pride and will  
encourage you to complete another task.  


2. Practice Meditation. 

   
How to Meditate - Mindful
Since being in quarantine I have come to enjoy starting my day by practicing meditation.
Meditation reduces stress, manages anxiety, connects you to your inner self, increases emotional 
intelligence, self-awareness, and improves sleep. All of these benefits fall into self-care domains 
making meditation a superior self-care tool that everyone can do. If you are interested in trying 
mediation check out this link of one of my favorite instructors. 


3. Listen to a Podcast

While reading is great, I have really come to enjoy Podcasts. You can listen to them in the car, 
while you clean, or even work out. There are many Podcasts out there that inspire, teach, and 
motivate you. Below is a list of podcasts that I listen to that motivate me and teach me ways I can 
grow as a person. 


1.  Beyond the To-Do-List
2. The School of Greatness
3. The Mindvalley Podcast

Comments

Popular Posts