5 Looks for all Occasions- Resale Edition



Resale shops have got you covered!

By: Elaine Elmendorf


I love resale shopping. Rarely do I buy something new. In fact, I don't remember the last article of clothing that I bought new from a store. As a penny-pincher and self-proclaimed original, it didn't take long for me to fall in love with resale shopping.

My favorite reason to shop resale is that you never know what hidden-gems are waiting to be found in your local resale shop. Every store is different and contains unique things like vintage clothes, home-made items, and one-of-a-kind clothing and accessories. I love walking around in my clothes knowing that no one around will have what I am wearing. My most complimented outfits have been from resale shops. My unique pieces add a flare to my outfits that not many other people have, and it really differentiates my sense of style from anyone else.

I have found all different types of outfits for any occasion from resale shops. I am going to show you  just five of them below!

Boho Vibes

 



The second I saw this skirt I knew I had to have it. My favorite summer look is a long skirt with a cute top. This open knit lace cardigan is the perfect addition to add some boho vibes to your look. Though, I didn't get this necklace from a resale shop, you can find plenty accessories like this at second-hand stores.

Skirt: $4, Top: $7 (fun fact: it's really a dress!) cardigan: $7

Tip! Don't have a top to match your skirt? Check your dresses! Sometimes the top of a dress will match a skirt and make for the perfect top.


Retro Chic


 

This outfit was so fun for a night out. It was a little riskier since it was more clearly retro inspired and took a little more confidence to pull off, but the risk reaped rewards! I got so many compliments on this look and I felt so good about myself!

Top: $2  Vintage Shorts: $4


Class-time Casual


 

Colorful pants are the perfect way to take an outfit from ordinary to fashion-forward. This Ralph Lauren top takes the outfit up a level, though I would gladly wear this same outfit with a t-shirt!

Pants: Loft $6  Top: $3 Chambray Shirt: $3

Tip! To make an outfit more trendy while still being casual, try tying up a t-shirt!

Interview Ready

 




I never thought I would find an interview outfit at a resale shop, but this Loft blazer and lace pencil skirt made the perfect combination to dress to impress.

Blazer: $12  Top: $3  Skirt: $3

Formal for [almost] Free


 

I love dressing up. I purchase more dresses than any other article of clothing. However, dressing up can get expensive, so finding this Banana Republic dress for under $5 was impossible to pass up. The vintage necklace makes me feel unique and special because more than likely no one else will have it.

Dress: $2 Necklace: $1


Resale shopping makes me feel unique while shopping on a budget. Next time you see a small, run down, second-hand store stop and think of the little treasures waiting to be found!



















Comments

Popular Posts