Boujee on a Budget


B  O  U  J  E  E  on a Budget

 … a how to

 Every girl wants to look fabulous without breaking the bank. Here 
are three of my tips if you’re a broke college student like me J

Leather Jacket: Forever 21 $30; Top: Boohoo $10


DO YOUR RESEARCH
People complain about never finding the good deals, but don’t ever actively look for them. In order to find the best bang for your buck, you need to do a little investigating. Often times this involves A LOT of online shopping. Keep in mind who is having the best sales, who offers free shipping, and what point in the season you are shopping. Yes, shopping the sales can be a little daunting, but you gotta do what you gotta do. A couple of my favorite sites for couponing when online shopping is Retail Me Not and Honey.
Pro tip: if you are a student make an account on myunidays.com. They give students with a valid email address codes for discounts to use at your fav online store! 

Coat: Nordstrom Rack $24; Shoes: TJ Maxx $25

   GET CREATIVE 
Another great option when looking for a bargain is thrift shopping. I know some of you are immediately turned off by this, but hear me out. Specifically, when it comes to my denim needs (which are very very important) thrifting is my go to. As we all know not every piece is going to be wearable right off the rack at Goodwill, this is where the creativity comes into play. Right now vintage, distressed, and raw hems are so trendy. All you have to do when heading to your local thrift store is keep an open mind. Think of all the ways you could take those basic jeans or denim jacket and make it your own! For a little inspiration, here’s a link to a few different ideas you can keep in mind as well as one of my favorite recycled creations. 


Fringe Jeans: Goodwill (Ralph Lauren) $6
Link to fringe Tutorial 




Denim Jacket: Goodwill $8

 ROCK WHAT YOU GOT   
Don’t forget you have the most cost-efficient shopping spree right in your home; your closet! I always go through my closet ready to clear it out and end up finding some great pieces (or potentially great pieces hehe) that I completely forgot about! I know this doesn’t work for everyone, but it doesn’t hurt to try. To be completely honest, the only thing a girl needs to wear to be boujee is CONFIDENCE. 


Happy Shopping!

-Stephanie Whitmore





Comments

Popular Posts