Summer Outfit Lookbook

Written by: Mabrey Wathen

Summer weather is getting closer and closer as the days roll by. Soon it will be time for festivals, brunches, and long summer nights out on the town. I don't know about you, but it has been a long couple of months! I love the cold, but even I am getting antsy to break out my summer clothes...

If you are someone out there who has no clue what to invest in for the summer season, look no further! I have put together a short guide of easy and classic summer styles for the most casual event to something that requires a little more dressing up.


Frayed Hem

I saw these shorts awhile back and thought they were super unique because they were extremely acid washed (as opposed to regular acid wash you see herehere, and here). 

I have never attended a music festival of any sort, but to me, this outfit reminds me of a more laid-back version of Coachella or Lollapalooza. This would also be the perfect outfit to wear to shop with friends or sit around a bonfire.


TOP: LOFT; similar hereherehere
SHORTS: Altar'd State; similar herehere
BRACELET: I got this bracelet as a gift 6 or 7 years ago... I don't remember exactly where I got it! similar herehere
SHOES: Famous Footwear (you can get BOBS from Skechers or TOMS shoes at several different places if you look around) heel option here

Lace-Up Blouse



Right now it is that perfect time of year in Missouri for jeans and a light top. These jeans are so comfortable and soft, they feel just like leggings! With the lace-up front and floral pattern on this blouse, you only need a nice bracelet or a ring or two to complement this top.

I have worn this look to brunch with my family, but you could wear it to a birthday party or even to work (depending on your place of employment).

TOP: Altar'd State, similar here, here, here
JEANS: Altar'd State
BRACELET: Lia Sophia necklace; similar herehere
SHOES: Off Broadway; similar herehere; no heel option here

Sparkling Simplicity


This is the best t-shirt dress EVER!!! I love it, I have had it for a year or so now and sadly I don't think it is available anymore. Along with the dress, this statement necklace is one of my favorites. Aldo has some of the best statement necklaces and they look so lavish!

I wore this exact outfit for my birthday last year and I felt so glamorous (and comfortable too). A nice t-shirt dress paired with the right accessories can be a great option for a night out on the town.

DRESS: Lou & Grey (LOFT); similar hereherehere
NECKLACE: Aldo; similar herehere
RINGS: Amazon
SHOES: ModCloth; similar herehere; no heel option here

I hope that you can walk away from this post with an idea of a few pieces to add to your summer wardrobe that will carry you through your summer agenda and have you looking flawless while you do it!

Comments

Popular Posts