Starter Vegan Beauty Tips

As a vegan, I understand that it can be frustrating trying to figure out what products you can and cannot use. As you get started on your journey you might start to realize there are so many reasons a product may not be considered vegan. It's not just having ingredients derived from the animal. You also have to consider animal testing, animals who are killed in the process of making a product, and possibly destroying animal habitats. Basically, anything that may affect an animal life or habitat is NOT vegan. Luckily for you guys, I am two years in and here to help. I promise you it does get easier. I am going to give you three simple but amazing tips that I wish someone would have told me in the beginning.

Tip One: GOOGLE, GOOGLE, GOOGLE or whatever search engine you prefer. Google is life. I started out googling everything before I bought it. With so much access to the internet, there is so much access to knowledge and information. I Google right on my phone in the store. AMAZING RIGHT?
Tip Two: Go directly to www.peta.org. They are the best resource for vegan products. You can search make-up for example and you will get links to brands and articles with the most recent information regarding that topic.
Image result for peta logo
PETA logo

Tip Three: Know what symbols to look for. A lot of vegan products will be marked with a "V" and/or labeled "Certified Vegan". The bunny will signify no animal testing. Below are some visual examples to get you started.
Cruelty-free bunny on NYX make-up
Vegan markings
Good Luck on your journey to a cruelty-free lifestyle.
Sincerely,
The Vegan Fashionista 😘😘😘
Written By: Tequilla Adeyemi

Comments

Popular Posts